Welcome!

This is where I will show new ideas and pieces I am working on, and also where I will share awesome pieces I find along the way!



Monday, January 5, 2015

I did a chaise!!!

As I plodded along figuring  how to make this work, including embossing pieces of a disposable pie pan (which worked along the bottom edge but not for the swan) I got closer and closer to getting it! played with lace and then trying to handle our puppy who was whining all day to be played with, I hurried and finished. This meant paint on the fabric. Then I thought oh well it is going in advent calendar so lets experiment more and not worry about possible mess, and well I got eurathane on the fabric. But nothing that cant be fixed with a throw and pillow and book and cat? LOL The rug was sent to my by a friend (thank youuuuu) who  made the rug years ago but it didnt match anything she wanted it to. I had planned to make my first chaise, before I got the rug, from a piece of silk I have and love. I had the silk from my doll making days. I didnt plan it but boy does this chaise match that rug beautifully or what!!!!?????


2 comments: